Search for atmospheres
Thirty minutes remaining...
He started dozing off around question eight having spent last night cramming in all the revision he was meant to do over the school year. Everyone around him had been writing frantically, the air filled with the sounds of pages turning and pens scratching away and pitifully thin exam paper.
When he woke up everything was silent save for someone coughing on the far side of the hall, the invigilator pacing and something dripping close by. He knew that if he looked he could be accused of cheating but at the same time it seemed like those coughs were deliberate, begging him to look up from the cradle of his arms.
The invigilator's steps quickened towards the coughing as it got worse, gave up all pretense and devolved into muffled screams and the sounds of feet being dragged out of the hall. At this point he realised he was unsupervised - he could look without consequence.
As he did he realised why everything was so quiet, why everyone had stopped writing.
He stood up as quietly and quickly as he could, intent on making it to the secondary hall exit.
He didn't intend to slip on their blood, didn't even realise it had pooled around him.
The door opened again and footsteps raced straight for him.
Comments for "Final exams"
License details for "Final exams"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Footsteps on Wooden Floor by ftpalad from http://freesound.org +)
- Wooden Door by joedeshon from http://freesound.org +)
- Writing with Pencil by orginaljun from http://freesound.org +)
- Fliping paper by original by yaron_elh from http://freesound.org, edited by sparklyhedgehog +)
- Brown Noise by reaktorplayer from http://www.freesound.org/ +)
- Slow drip by scriptique +)
- Creaky Chair 2 by stackpool +)
- Cough2 by Vinicius +)