Search for atmospheres
Car crash in the bayou
ghost in the swamp
He stood there crying at the wreck in front of him and the broken body still strapped in. There was no way they were still alive, no way they could ever be alive, not with how their neck had been snapped into by the force of the airbag or the deep cut in their neck from the seat belt catching them at just the right angle.
More importantly, the person couldn't be alive because he was staring at himself from beside the car.
There'd been something on the road, something human enough to make him slam on the breaks but just inhuman enough for him to try to swerve away from it. The edge of the road was suddenly a lot closer than he remembered as were the trees and then it all went dark.
So there he stood, openly sobbing and knowing that it could be days or even weeks before he would be found. Perhaps he'd decompose too quickly for anybody to identify him, perhaps he'd just be slung into some random grave and it'd all be left at that. Would he still be watching himself then or would he fade away like they do in the movies?
By this point he was weeping so loudly it took him a while to realise someone was calling his mobile. A deep rumbling from the swamp behind him mocked the vibrating phone and made him wonder who would get to him first. From the heavy wet footsteps closing in, he wouldn't have to wait long to find out.
Comments for "ghost in the swamp"
License details for "ghost in the swamp"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- alligators snoring by cccanary from http://freesound.org +)
- Heavy rain (2) by D W from http://freesound.org +)
- Turn Signal (Blinker) by morgantj from http://freesound.org +)
- Cell Phone Vibrating (Pulse) by Royalty Free Sound Effect from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515IBItFTZk +)
- male crying by SoundEffectsFactory +)
- Exhaust Pipe by Tuben from http://freesound.org +)
- Distant Thunder by Unknown +)