Search for atmospheres
What's out there?
After several hours of travel along a quiet and winding path, a small village comes into view. It is a welcome sight after a long and difficult journey. You and your party, with few coins to your name, broken equipment and empty bellies, make haste to the town. It is a town called Hafrafell, cradled by dense pine and spruce trees.
Despite your hope, every window and door in town is boarded shut. The doors are reinforced, and some feature large scratch marks gouged into the wood. The town square is deserted. No villagers will answer the door, but you hear voices and whispers inside.
Giving up hope, you and your party venture onward towards the forest. The woods are strangely quiet. Thick fog clings to the trees, and thicker clouds roll over the moon every now and then, blocking out all light. After a few hours of walking the trees are beginning to look the same. Confusion is setting in -- you feel like you're walking in circles. Something is wrong.
As you try to collect your surroundings, you see a dark flash of movement between the trees behind you - about sixty feet away.
[ This is an ambiance for an adaptation of Shilo The Buff, a D&D Module which can be found here: www.dmsguild.com/product/190946/Shilo-the-Buff ]
Comments for "Holly Woods"
License details for "Holly Woods"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Cricket_1 by Alexander Lvov +)
- horror-ambience-10 by Example: "klankbeeld" or "NoiseCollector from http://freesound.org" *)
- Owl Hoot by Inchadney of the Freesound Project +)
- Branch Snapping by jasonelrod from http://freesound.org +)
- Fox Screaming by michieldb from http://freesound.org +)
- Wolf Howl by naturestemper from http://freesound.org +)
- Desert monolith by Proxima4 from freesound.org +)
- Wind blows in leaves by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license