Search for atmospheres
The Oval Portrait by Edgar Allan Poe is a very eerie Chateau that has this vignette manner. Some tone words like gloom and grandeur, abandoned, bizarre architecture, desperately, and frowned led me to the conclusion that the Chateau is an eerie and disturbing place. The wounded unnamed main character explains how the girl in the portrait dies because of her partner taking a long time painting her. " ...in these paintings my incipient delirium, perhaps, had caused me to take deep interest..." The main character was going crazy and that's why I choose to use the heartbeat to show his delirium. Once he was finished painting her, she had died by him never paying attention to her. The main character was going crazy and that's why I choose to use the heartbeat to show his delirium. "And he was a passionate, and wild, and moody man, who became lost in reveries; so that he would not see that the light which fell so ghastly in that lone turret withered the health and spirits of his bride, who pined visibly to all but him." I believe the theme of this text is if you don't pay attention to love it will die.
Comments for "Oval Portrait"
License details for "Oval Portrait"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Dark Sorrow by "Rob King & Paul Rimero, EQ" +)
- Footsteps and door by DBproductions from http://freesound.org +)
- Breath of death by Gabe Miller from http://freesound.org +)
- Sobbing by Josh Solomon +)
- Suffering From Pain (M) by milnersouza from http://freesound.org +)
- Heartbeat deep by Sam Hain +)
- Gutter by sanus_excipio from http://freesound.org +)
- Meadow Rains and Thunder by Yuval from http://freesound.org +)