Search for atmospheres
Background noises for the battle between robots and demons
The Battle (Sheckley)
Gorgeous in their battle array, the legions of Hell advanced over the desert. Hellish pipes skirled, hollow drums pounded, and the great host moved forward.
In a blinding cloud of sand, General MacFee’s automatic tanks hurled themselves against the satanic foe. Immediately, Dell’s automatic bombers screeched overhead, hurling their bombs on the massed horde of the damned. Fetterer thrust valiantly with his automatic cavalry.
Into this mêlée advanced Ongin’s automatic infantry, and metal did what metal could.
The hordes of the damned overflowed the front, ripping apart tanks and robots. Automatic mechanisms died, bravely defending a patch of sand. Dell’s bombers were torn from the skies by the fallen angels, led by Marchocias, his griffin’s wings beating the air into a tornado.
The thin battered line of robots held, against gigantic presences that smashed and scattered them, and struck terror into the hearts of television viewers in homes around the world. Like men, like heroes the robots thought, trying to force back the forces of evil.
Astaroth shrieked a command, and Behemoth lumbered forward. Bael, with a wedge of devils behind him, threw a charge at General Fetterer’s crumbling left flank. Metal screamed, electrons howled in agony at the impact.
Comments for "The Battle (Sheckley)"
License details for "The Battle (Sheckley)"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Artillery by Company of Heroes +)
- Deep Growling by Deep Growling Copyright 2013 Iwan Gabovitch, CC-BY3 license. +)
- Beast2 by Dino Sabanovic +)
- Helicopter Flying Past by from http://soundbible.com/1740-Helicopter.html +)
- ak_47 by qubodup from http://freesound.org +)
- Tank Idle by qubodup from http://freesound.org +)
- Dystopian noise mix 2 by XRT from http://freesound.org +)
- Cyberpunk Streets by ZTisott +)