Search for atmospheres
On a Ghost Train
Travelling on a Haunted Train
Date unknown. Year unknown.
I was referred to this case by an old friend. There have been reports of trains disappearing, along with the passengers, on a specific railroad system in eastern Europe. It appeared to be just the break I have been looking for.
I arrived at the depot by coach, since the railroad in question was not connected to any others in this part of Europe. I selected a destination at random, and paid for my ticket. The man at the counter took my money. Afterward I saw him wiping his hands, like Pilate, as though he meant to cleanse himself of all guilt related to my fate. After I got onto the train, I looked out the window and saw an old woman staring at the train. She looked at me, and as her eyes met mine, she quickly turned away and crossed herself.
When I boarded, it was with around a dozen other passengers. Now there are five of us left. But I am certain that we are not alone. I hear things: footsteps, a page turning, as though there are more people here than I can see. I even ventured to sneak my way up to the engine - there was no one there.
Finally, a real job! I haven't had a good one in weeks. But enough writing; I've got hunting to do.
Comments for "Travelling on a Haunted Train"
License details for "Travelling on a Haunted Train"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Steam Train Interior by allh from http://freesound.org +)
- Lonely train whistle by boteman +)
- Whispers Ghostly by Freesound.org +)
- Footsteps wood and carpet by ftpalad from http://freesound.org +)
- Scary Background Ambience by http://freesound.org +)
- Newspaper - turning a page by Taira Komori's Japanese Free Sound Effects: http://taira-komori.jpn.org/freesounden.html +)
- wooden door opening by wrylytucker from http://freesound.org +)